Friday 9 January 2015

FILTER EFFECTS!

FILTER EFFECTS- Experimentation of effects to see which one I'll use.

   




Through the making of my pitch I came to the decision that I want to have a filter on it, like one that makes my artist really stand out and would grab my core audiences attention the moment they see it. I am aware that it would be hard for me to know which will be the best pick, therefore I have experimented with different types of effect, even dark ones, just to see what kind of effect it will have on me when I look at it i.e. satisfying, contented, agitated, depressing, melancholic etc. So far, the 4th picture is my favourite because you can see a sort of wash over effect on it. Ariana Grande has inspired me to do this because the artist will stand out, which is easier for my audience to be identifiable. However, I also like the last image because it has this bright filter, and the effect conveys a magic feel to it (which links to this love). Another picture that I like is the second last with the dark red colour that has Ana in a sort of blur. I like this because I feel like it really draws you in to it, gives you a hypnotising feel to it. But I don't think this is appropriate for the digi pak because it doesn't relate to the theme as its too dark and full for it and actually has a more vampire look to it so this isn't a good idea to use.From this experimentation, I have learnt how to use different filters in a effective way, watching out what sort of effect it portrays to the audience. I learnt though this experimentation that going over the top with the effect will take away the real purpose and the real beauty of the picture i.e. image of the artist, names. But this was overall helpful as I came step closer to my final decision which is a nice effect, but a sort of catchy looking one with possibly a sort of spotlight added to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment